Virtual Site Visit Pilot Program for Visits that were Canceled Due to COVID-19
In March, the NAACLS Board of Directors appointed a task force to develop a virtual site visit process for the canceled spring site visits due COVID 19. During the April 23rd Board of Directors meeting, the NAACLS Board approved this pilot process. The eligibility for these site visits are as follows:
- The program’s previous award must have no citations.
- The program must be up to date with all applicable NAACLS responses and administrative issues (review materials, annual fees, surveys, etc.).
- The previous three years of outcomes must meet all benchmarks.
- Programs inactive during any part of their previous award are ineligible.
- Initial Site Visits are not eligible.
This is a pilot program will be voluntary for programs that qualify. It will only be an option for the cancelled site visits from Spring 2020. Once these canceled site visits have been completed, the Board of Directors will review the effectiveness and discuss possible long term virtual site visit policies at a later date.