By Megan Eggert, Meetings and Events Planner
NAACLS will conduct a new workshop titled, “The Secrets to a Super Self-Study,” on February 21, 2019, from 7:00am-12:00pm in Baltimore, MD (in concurrence with the ASCLS Clinical Laboratory Educators’ Conference (CLEC)). The workshop will include a continental breakfast and working lunch.
The workshop will be presented by:
Andrea Gordon, MEd, MT(ASCP)SH, is the Program Director of the MLS/MLT Program at Brookline College in Phoenix, Arizona. She is an MLT Educator on the NAACLS Review Committee for Accredited Programs (RCAP) and previously served as a Member and Chair of the NAACLS Programs Approval Review Committee (PARC).
Dawn Tripolino, MBA, MT(ASCP), is Program Director of the MLS Program at Bayfront Medical Center in St. Petersburg, Florida. Ms. Tripolino is a Phlebotomy Educator and Vice Chair of the NAACLS Programs Approval Review Committee (PARC).
Upon completion of the workshop, and with the opportunity to discuss questions, the participant should be able to:
- Identify the roles of the program, the self-study reviewers and the site visitors.
- Identify the key elements pertaining to all eight of NAACLS’ Standards.
- Recognize and avoid common struggles in using the self-study template.
- Analyze the quality of a sample self-study.
- Identify key NAACLS resources for the accreditation and approval processes
The fee for the workshop is $325/person if you register by 1/10/19. The fee is $375/person if you register between 1/11/19 to 2/7/19).
Please visit www.naacls.org for more information and to register (payment and registration is separate from the CLEC). We hope to see you at this NAACLS workshop!