By Megan Eggert, Meetings and Events Planner
NAACLS will conduct a new workshop titled, “Education Methods: Linking Our Programs and Courses to Standards,” on February 25, 2016, from 7:00am-12:15pm in Minneapolis, MN (in concurrence with the ASCLS Clinical Laboratory Educators’ Conference (CLEC)). The workshop will include a continental breakfast and working lunch.
The workshop will be presented by Andrea G. Gordon, MEd, MT(ASCP)SH, Medical Laboratory Science Program Director at Brookline College in Phoenix, Arizona. She is a Clinical Assistant Educator on the NAACLS Programs Approval Review Committee (PARC) and previously served as Chair of this committee from 2011-2014.
Upon completion of the workshop, and with the opportunity to discuss questions, the participant should be able to:
- Identify key Standards linked to program/course design and evaluation
- Discuss how the NAACLS Standards Compliance Guide can support the process of program/course design
- Identify where NAACLS reporting processes intersect with program/course design and evaluation
- Discuss how to incorporate meeting NAACLS required outcomes into programs
- Create a model for program/course development and assessment
- Identify and evaluate various modes of instruction and how they help your program meet the NAACLS Standards.
The fee for the workshop is $300/person if you register by 1/11/16. The fee is $325/person if you register between 1/12/16 to 2/12/16).
Please visit www.naacls.org for more information and to register. We hope to see you at this NAACLS workshop!