By Megan Eggert, Meetings and Events Planner
NAACLS will conduct a workshop titled, “Standard II: Further Understanding NAACLS’ Standard for Assessment and Continuous Quality Improvement of Programs,” on November 6, 2015, from 7:30am-4:00pm in Chicago, IL. The workshop will include a continental breakfast and lunch. The workshop will be presented by Vanessa Jones Johnson, MBA, MA, MT(ASCP), Assistant Professor, Program Coordinator, Louisiana Tech University; MLS Educator, NAACLS Review Committee for Accredited Programs (RCAP) and NAACLS MLS Discipline Lead.
Upon completion of the workshop, and with the opportunity to discuss questions, the participant should be able to:
- Describe the basics of the NAACLS accreditation/approval process utilizing the new, revised Standards.
- Outline the outcomes-based model for accreditation/approval.
- Explore the elements of a successful accreditation/approval review.
- Describe the outcome measure reporting requirements as defined by the new, revised Standards.
- Apply effective documentation principles and procedures to demonstrate continuous quality improvement.
- Utilize the Standards Compliance Guide to assist with documentation and compliance with Standard II.
- Identify tools and strategies to document program assessment, modification and effectiveness.
- Identify resources available to assist the program director through the accreditation/approval processes.
- Utilize the Standards Compliance Guide to assist in the development of a Self-Study Report.
- Utilizing case studies, evaluate, correct and apply procedures to demonstrate continuous quality improvement.
- Describe strategies to effectively merge new programmatic accreditation/approval requirements with current institutional continuous quality improvement.
Please visit www.naacls.org for more information and to register. We hope to see you at this NAACLS workshop!