You can stream by pressing play above.
Welcome to the first NAACLS Podcast! With Self Study review and Site Visit review season in full gear, we thought we’d take a minute and talk about the roles and responsibilities of reviewers. However, if you are a program director who is currently preparing a self study or site visit, we think you would find this podcast incredibly helpful.
Stay tuned to the blog for future podcast episodes!
This episode features:
- Karen M. Myers – Program Director at The Colorado Center for Medical Laboratory Science and Vice Chair of NAACLS Review Committee of Accredited Programs
- Edward Rotchford – Volunteer Services Manager, NAACLS Staff
- Mark Spence – Approval Coordinator, NAACLS Staff
In this episode we talk about the roles and responsibilities of Self Study and Site Visit reviewers. Mark addresses some differences between Accreditation and Approval Review Processes, Karen talks about some of her experiences as a site visitor using the new standards, and Ed points out the many resources that a volunteer can utilize.
Show Notes (specific documents or resources mentioned in the podcast):
- 2014 Volunteer Report
- 2013 Volunteer Report (featuring Andrea Gordon article referenced in episode)
- Quick Link to 2012 Standards, Standards Compliance Guide, and Guide to Accreditation and Approval
- Volunteer Manual