By Megan Eggert, Meetings and Events Planner
NAACLS will conduct a new workshop titled, “Standard II – Understanding NAACLS’ Standard for Assessment and Continuous Quality Improvement of Programs,” on February 19, 2015, from 7:00am-12:15pm in Cincinnati, Ohio (in concurrence with the ASCLS Clinical Laboratory Educators’ Conference (CLEC)). The workshop will include a continental breakfast and working lunch.
The workshop will be presented by Vanessa Jones Johnson, MBA, MA, MT(ASCP), Assistant Professor and Program Coordinator at Louisiana Tech University in Ruston, Louisiana. She is an MLS Educator on the NAACLS Review Committee for Accredited Programs (RCAP) and a MLS Discipline Lead Person.
Upon completion of the workshop, and with the opportunity to discuss questions, the participant should be able to:
- Describe the basics of NAACLS accreditation/approval.
- Describe the accreditation/approval processes utilizing the new, revised Standards.
- Outline the outcomes-based model for accreditation/approval.
- Describe the outcome measure reporting requirements as defined by the new, revised Standards.
- Identify additional documentation requirements for outcomes below NAACLS approved benchmarks.
- Utilize the Standards Compliance Guide to assist with documentation and compliance with Standard II.
- Identify tools and strategies to document program assessment, modification and effectiveness.
- Identify resources available to assist the program director through the accreditation/approval processes.
The fee for the workshop is $300/person if you register by 1/5/15. The fee is $325/person if you register between 1/6/15 to 2/5/15).
Please visit www.naacls.org for more information and to register. We hope to see you at this NAACLS workshop!