By Megan Eggert, Meetings and Events Planner
NAACLS again invites you to attend its upcoming workshop titled, “NAACLS – Taking a Step Forward: An Examination of the New Standards and Improved Accreditation/Approval Processes,” on November 7, 2014, from 7:30am-4:00pm in Chicago, IL. This will be the last workshop completely dedicated to understanding and interpreting the new standards until Fall 2015.
Also, NAACLS has extended its Early Registration Fee Deadline to 10/1/14! If you register by 10/1/14, the fee is $300/person. After 10/1/14, the fee is $325/person. Please register early and take advantage of this savings!
The workshop will include a continental breakfast and lunch. The workshop will be presented by DeAnne S. Maxwell, MLS (ASCP)CM, Program Director of the CLS Program at Franciscan St. Francis Health in Indianapolis, Indiana, and MLS Educator on the NAACLS RCAP, and Edward Rotchford, BA, NAACLS Accreditation Specialist and Volunteer Services Manager.
Upon completion of the workshop, and with the opportunity to discuss questions, the participant should be able to:
- Identify the process of developing the new Standards
- Differentiate between the focus of the old Standards and new, revised Standards
- Make use of the Standards Compliance Guide in conjunction with the new Standards to ensure program effectiveness
- Utilize the Standards Compliance Guide to assist in development of a Self-Study Report
- Identify strategies to help document compliance with the Standards
- List and locate resources available to help the program director through the approval/accreditation processes
- Identify improvement and changes in the accreditation/approval process, including policy changes and basic navigation of the Accreditation Management System (AMS).
Please visit www.naacls.org for more information and to register. We hope to see you at this NAACLS workshop!