By Megan Eggert, Meetings and Events Planner
NAACLS held its workshop, “Taking a Step Forward – An Examination of the New Standards and Improved Accreditation/Approval Processes,” for a second time on February 20, 2014, in concurrence with the ASCLS CLEC Meeting in San Jose, California. The workshop was very successful with 125 participants!
This workshop will again be held on Friday, May 30, 2014, from 7:30am-4:00pm in Philadelphia, PA. This is a full-day workshop that will include a continental breakfast and lunch. The workshop will be presented by DeAnne S. Maxwell, MLS(ASCP)CM, Program Director of the CLS Program at Franciscan St. Francis Health in Indianapolis, Indiana, and an MLS Educator on the NAACLS Review Committee for Accredited Programs (RCAP), and Edward Rotchford, BA, Accreditation Specialist and Volunteer Services Manager at NAACLS.
Upon completion of the workshop, and with the opportunity to discuss questions, the participant should be able to:
1) Identify the process of developing the new Standards.
2) Differentiate between the focus of the old Standards and the new, revised Standards.
3) Make use of the Standards Compliance Guide in conjunction with the new Standards to ensure program effectiveness.
4) Utilize the Standards Compliance Guide to assist in development of a Self-Study Report.
5) Identify strategies to help document compliance with the Standards.
6) List and locate resources available to help the program director through the accreditation/approval processes.
7) Identify the improvements and changes in the accreditation/approval processes, including policy changes and basic navigation of the Accreditation Management System (AMS).
The workshop fee is $300 by 4/15/14 (early registration deadline) and $325 by 5/15/14 (final registration deadline). Please visit the NAACLS website at www.naacls.org for more information and to register for the workshop.