NAACLS Workshops Update
NAACLS will conduct its next, brand new, workshop titled, “Essentials of Education Methodology Including Program Assessment Strategies – Wrapping Assessment Around Education,” on February 14, 2013, from 7am-12:15pm in Kansas City, MO, directly preceding the Clinical Laboratory Educators Conference (CLEC). The workshop will include a continental breakfast and a working lunch. The new workshop will be developed and presented by Andrea G. Gordon, MEd, MT(ASCP)SH, Vice President of Academic Affairs and Past Program Director at the River Valley Community College in Claremont, NH. Ms. Gordon is the Chair of the NAACLS Programs Approval Review Committee (PARC).
Upon completion of the workshop, the participant should be able to:
- Describe the links between a mission statement, goals, objectives and assessment practices.
- Identify and define educational domains.
- Discuss the benefits of writing clear educational objectives and goals.
- Identifying the components of, and practice writing, clear educational objectives.
- Identify the steps of preparing an educational unit.
- Recognize various teaching delivery models, practices and evaluation tools, their strengths and weaknesses.
- Identify components of course and program assessment plans.
- Create a model for linking the components of a strong educational assessment plan.
Registration is now open, click for more info.
On November 2, 2012, NAACLS conducted another new workshop titled, “NAACLS Basics on Accreditation, Approval and Program Assessment,” in Chicago, Illinois. This workshop was also developed and presented by Andrea G. Gordon, MEd, MT(ASCP)SH, and was well received. This workshop had 64 people in attendance.
By Megan Eggert, Meetings and Events Planner