The National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) is pleased to offer the following new workshop:
NAACLS Basics on Accreditation, Approval and Program Assessment
Friday, November 2, 2012
7:30am – 4:00pm
Presenter: Andrea G. Gordon, MEd, MT(ASCP)SH
The workshop will be held at the Renaissance Suites Chicago O’Hare, 8500 W. Bryn Mawr Avenue,
Chicago, Illinois 60631, Tele: 773-380-9600.
Check-in and a continental breakfast will begin at 7:30am, and instruction will begin promptly at 8:15am. Lunch and breaks will be provided.
Upon completion of the workshop, the participant should be able to:
- Identify the role of NAACLS and staff members.
- Define approval and accreditation processes and possible outcomes of the processes.
- List the steps of approval and accreditation.
- List and locate resources available to help the program director through the approval/accreditation processes.
- Identify key components of a well prepared Self-Study Report and response to paper reviews.
- Plan a well organized, efficient and comprehensive site visit.
- Identify key components and documentation of a comprehensive assessment program.
ASCLS P.A.C.E. and ASCP approve NAACLS as a provider of continuing education programs in the clinical laboratory sciences. This workshop is an intermediate level program. The following contact hours will be awarded at the workshop: ASCLS = 6.5; ASCP = 6.5.
Additional information can be found at www.naacls.org. We hope to see you at the workshop!